We all know what kind of power an addiction can hold over us! I want to share with you my top 10 reasons why giving up your soda addiction for life WILL improve your health.
Top 10 reasons to stop your soda addiction…
10. Sugar causes inflammation in your body, inflammation causes disease, disease hurts, and disease can kill you. Outcome – removing sugar (especially genetically modified sugar) that you get from soda will not only improve your health, but just may save your life!
9. Artificial sweeteners in diet soda tricks your brain into thinking you are still hungry. So, you eat more and become more over weight. Being overweight is hard on your joints, bad for your heart, and could bring on diabetes. Outcome – removing diet soda from your life will improve your chances of not becoming overweight and possibly getting a life long disease of diabetes.
8. Genetically modified organisms in soda. The long-term impacts of GMOs are unknown. High fructose corn syrup, Carmel color, sugar, and natural flavors are all made from GMO’s. According to The Center for Food Safety, “unsuspecting consumers by the tens of millions are purchasing and consuming unlabeled GE foods, despite a finding by U.S. Food & Drug Administration scientists that these foods could pose serious risks.” Outcome – Staying away from GMO’s in your soda will reduce your exposure to serious health risks.
7. Switching to water WILL make you loose weight. We feel better when we loose weight. Outcome – your self esteem will improve and that will create more vitality in your life.
6. It’s less expensive to just drink water. Outcome – you will have more money for the finer things in life like organic foods 😉
5. You will feel accomplished because you are able to give up an addiction. Outcome – you will hold your head a little higher and know that you can conquer anything!
4. Leading by example will encourage your loved ones to give up soda. Outcome – you will have them around longer and we all want our loved ones to live a long/healthy life! This applies to you living a long/healthy life too. Your loved ones want you around also!
3. It’s bad for you teeth. Phosphoric and citric acid that are found in soda’s cause damage by dissolving the calcium that comprises teeth. Outcome – removing soda will aide in preserving your teeth.
2. The chemical called phosphoric acid that’s an ingredient in soda is a rust inhibitor which is found in some cleaning products. That’s why you can remove rust from things and get a clean toilet from using a soda to clean with. That isn’t good for your gut! Your gut is your second brain and needs all the help it can get in order to thrive. Outcome – removing soda will help in creating a healthier gut which will improve your overall health.
AAAANNNND the number one reason why giving up your soda addiction will improve your health is… drum roll please…
1. Taking caffeine out of your lifestyle will improve your sleep. Sleep plays an important role in your health. Outcome – getting adequate sleep helps with the healing/repair of heart and blood vessels. Ongoing sleep deficiency is linked to an increased risk of heart disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and stroke.
You can stay and live in the exact same space you are in or you can reach out for help and see the outcomes mentioned above.
Together we are stronger! Let me help you break your soda addiction for life. I got your back and I know you can do this.
Kick that can to the curb!!!!
If you or your loved one is struggling with soda addiction, I implore you to contact me either here or on my website at LB Health Coach. From there we can set up a free consultation. Your challenge today is to reach out for help.
I am grateful to have 12 years of freedom from my soda addiction!
What steps will you take to stop your soda addiction?
Thanks for listening!