This gluten free/vegan homemade popcorn just melts in your mouth! It’s so easy and quick to make the old fashioned way! I’ve been having my 5 year old help me make it and we enjoy doing a little popping dance;)
Making it yourself gives you so many flavor options to choose from. It’s such a blank slate to get creative!
Popcorn and a movie just go together. We have been enjoying a lot of kid movies lately and my favorite is and always will be Winnie the Pooh! Although my son is outgrowing them a little, I can still persuade him into watching it from time to time.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
- PLACE 2 tbsp. coconut oil into a pot on high heat.
- ADD 1 tsp. chili powder and 1/3 cup popcorn.
- PLACE a lid on the pot and shake the pan a little to mix everything together.
- AFTER you hear the first few pops turn heat to medium-low heat; shaking the pot occasionally.
- ADD some Himalayan salt cracked black pepper, 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast, and mix well.
I like my homemade popcorn more savory than sweet. However, this is your creation so create what makes you happy!
Here is a photo of our family’s favorite…
I do the same method, but just add nutritional yeast and Himalayan salt when the kernels are completely done popping.
I have added organic/non-gmo corn in moderation back into my life and I seem to be doing alright with it. It’s hard to tell, but until further notice it’s what works for me now. I didn’t touch it for about 7 years.
Grateful Day – I am grateful for spring and all the pretty buds coming through on the trees.
Have you re-introduced a food back into your diet that seems to work alright for you?
Thank you for listening!