Gluten/dairy free grilled cheese & ham is such a childhood comfort food. I love it even though I’ve had to modify the ingredients over the years.
Did you see that yesterday was national grilled cheese day? Who makes that stuff up? Guess I’m a day late!
I’m liking my food with a view lately 😉 Cabin fever – be gone!
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Grilled Cheese & Ham
- BROIL 2 slices of bread. I used Outside the Breadbox.
- SPREAD coconut oil on the sides of bread that wasn’t broiled.
- PLACE one slice into a skillet and add cheese (I happened to have shredded cheese left over from pizza), deli ham slices, and pickles.
- COVER skillet with lid or aluminum foil.
- TURN stove on medium high heat.
- FLIP when the bread is golden brown and cook on the other side until the other side is golden brown.
- ADD your favorite mustard and cut on the diagonal.
I have found that if you don’t broil the inside of the bread it tends to get a little soggy. It could just be the bread that I’m using, but I only made that mistake one time. Also, the cheese substitute that I use didn’t melt very well… lesson learned.
I like some crisp plain potato chips with my grilled cheese & ham sandwich. This combination is my favorite way to eat a grilled cheese. Otherwise, I like it just with a cheddar style cheese to dip in some tomato soup.
Grateful Day – I am grateful to finally have a place to get out a little creative energy.
What do you like to put on your grilled cheese sandwich?
Thank you for listening!