This gluten/dairy free honey pesto chicken is such a flavorful, juicy, and sweet dish! It goes with anything, but of course I had to have mine with some noodles. It tasted like a bowl of noodle pizza!
I put some boiling water into a bowl with the noodles from one of those Thai Kitchen noodle packet (without the seasoning or oil). When they were soft I drained them and then added; EVOO, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, diced honey pesto chicken, fresh chopped parsley, and some S/P.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Honey Pesto Chicken
- SLATHER each side of 2 chicken breasts with 4 tbsp. pesto. 1 tbsp. per side/breast.
- SPRINKLE each side of each breast with 4 tsp. dried oregano and some S/P. About 1 tsp. per side/breast.
- SQUEEZE 4 tsp. of local honey on each side. 1 tsp. per side/breast.
- PLACE 1/2 of a small/chopped onion and 1/2 of a small/chopped tomato into a casserole dish and place the breasts on top.
- PLACE the other 1/2 of the small/chopped onion and 1/2 small/chopped tomatoes on top of the chicken.
- COVER and bake at 375 degrees until fully cooked. Flipping half way through.
- TOP with a little drizzle of EVOO and some fresh chopped flat leave parsley.
My husband had his with some melted mozzarella cheese, olives, salsa, and pita bread. He can still eat gluten…
This honey pesto chicken is what I saw when I looked at the chicken breast that I had in my fridge. My mind went something like this…
I need to cook this chicken before it goes bad and I already have leftover chopped tomatoes (from my BLT) and pesto (from my creamy artichoke spaghetti). I add onions to everything and I should add something sweet to balance the tomatoes out. Oregano is my favorite spice so I gotta add that too!
Grateful Day – I am super grateful every day for the health of my family.
What is your favorite spice?
Thank you for listening!