This Gluten/dairy free creamy artichoke spaghetti is filled with the ultimate salty goodness!!!! I was in a bit of a food coma after this one 😉
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Creamy Artichoke Spaghetti
- PRE-HEAT oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- PLACE 1 pound of bacon slices on lined cookie sheet and bake until desired crispness. About 1/2 hour.
- REMOVE bacon, place on a plate lined with a paper towel, cut into bite size, and set aside.
- PLACE most of the bacon grease into a pan and turn stove to medium high heat.
- SAUTE 1 finely chopped onion until just about tender.
- ADD some red pepper flakes and 1 tbsp. dried oregano.
- STIR in 1-13.5 oz. can of full fat coconut milk, 3/4 of a 6oz. jar of pesto, and 1-14 oz. can chopped artichoke hearts. check can sizes
- ADD a lot of cracked black pepper and a little Himalayan salt. If you leave the bacon out of this dish you may want to add more salt.
- COOK 1 pkg. of your favorite GF spaghetti 1 minute less than package directions.
- DRAIN pasta and stir into sauce.
- ADD 1-2 tbsp. EVOO, taste for seasoning, and add more S/P if needed.
- SPRINKLE with reserved bacon and fresh chopped flat leaf parsley.
This creamy artichoke spaghetti is a little bit of heaven on Earth! Here is a photo of it after I mixed everything all together…
I used a store bought vegan pesto, but you could always make your own. Just take the bacon out for a vegan version of this dish. Or, add some parmesan cheese if you can do dairy!
Grateful Day – I am grateful for the library. My son loves to go there and gets books and movies. I like it as well, especially thumbing through all the cookbooks!
What movie have you enjoyed lately?
Thank you for listening!