I decided to combine gluten free & vegan green beans and a kale salad into 1 post. They are both so simple to make! I think kale isn’t as “in” as it used to be, but this is such a flavorful one to share.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Green Beans and a Kale Salad
- SAUTE 1/2 yellow and red chopped bell peppers in 1 tbsp. coconut oil and some sea salt until just about tender.
- STIR in about a pound of fresh/washed/cut green beans, 2-3 chopped cloves of garlic, a pinch of red pepper flakes, and 1 tbsp. dried tarragon; cook until just tender.
- ADD 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar and S/P.
I like my green beans to still have a little bite to them because that’s where the nutrients are.
Warm Kale Salad
- SAUTE 1/2 chopped onion and red bell pepper with 1 tbsp. coconut oil in some sea salt until just about tender.
- ADD 3 cloves chopped garlic, a pinch of red pepper flakes, 1 tsp. smoked paprika, 1 tbsp. dried thyme, 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, 1 can of rinsed/drained white beans, and a bag of pre-washed/chopped kale/carrots/red cabbage; sauté for just a couple minutes until tender.
I used a bag of already chopped and pre-washed kale because it was on sale. If you just get the kale make sure you remove it from the stem, rinse with water, pat dry, and break into bite size pieces.
The trick to making a kale salad without sautéing is to massage the kale with oil for 30 seconds to break it down a little bit. Then you can add whatever you like to it!
I hope you try the green beans and a kale salad sometime!
Grateful Day – I am grateful for my furry babies, Jack & Jinxy!
How do you enjoy your kale salad?
Thank you for listening!