This gluten/dairy free peanut butter & ham sandwich is why my pregnancy cravings never seemed odd;) This is a sloppy mess of goodness!!!
Also, I would like to introduce you to our furry baby… Jack/Jackson/Jackie! He likes to join us for all of our meals and is content with just smelling the deliciousness. Although, my husband still likes to feed him from the table from time to time!
Anyway, back to the sandwich! My Mom’s Father (my Pap-Pap) made this way back in the day and I remember my Father making it too. I don’t think I took to it right away, but now it brings me that childhood comfort.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Peanut Butter & Ham Sandwich
- LIGHTLY toast 2 slices of your favorite GF bread. I use Outside the Breadbox.
- SPREAD your favorite peanut butter on each slice.
- PLACE your favorite cheese on one piece of the toast. I usually use a cheddar type of “cheese”, but I had some shreds left over from pizza.
- PLACE a few slices of deli ham on top of the each slice of toast.
- LAYOR with some pickles and lettuce.
- CLOSE sandwich and cut on the diagonal.
A peanut butter & ham sandwich isn’t the weirdest thing I’ve eaten. I used to like to add peanut butter to Doritos, (I haven’t had any Doritos in years) chocolate ice cream, bananas, and spread it onto a slice of cheese & ham with a pickle rolled around them.
Grateful Day -I am grateful for movies! I just watched a movie called Mental with Toni Collette. I think it was made in 2012. It could be offensive to some, but I LOVED it!
Do you have any weird sandwich combinations?
Thank you for listening!