This gluten/dairy free orange-glazed steak & noodles reminded me of the old school big tin can I used to make back in the day. Remember the kind that had a second can on top of the big round one it came with?
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Orange-Glazed Steak & Noodles
- HEAT 1 tbsp. coconut oil in a pot on medium high heat.
- ADD 1 small/orange chopped bell pepper (any color), 1 small/chopped onion, and some sea salt; cook until just about tender.
- STIR in 1 tbsp. garlic powder, 1 tbsp. ginger powder, and 1-2 tsp. dried basil.
- ADD 1/4 cup bone broth, juice of 1 orange, 2-3 tbsp. coconut aminos, and 1 tbsp. local honey.
- WHISK in 2-3 tbsp. tapioca flour. You may need to play with adding more bone broth or more tapioca flour to get a good thick consistency, but not too thick.
- ADD some pink Himalayan salt and 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seed oil before adding the sauce to the noodles.
Buffalo flat iron steak
- MARINATE 1 pound buffalo flat iron steak the night before with 3-4 gloves minced cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp. ginger powder, zest of one orange, 1 tsp. smoked paprika, cracked black pepper, and some coconut aminos.
- BRING steak out of refrigerator and bring to room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- GRILL steak on the highest temperature on both sides until desired temperature. I prefer a medium.
- LET the steak rest for at least 5 minutes.
- CARVE against the grain on a cutting board with a little EVOO, S/P, and a sprinkle of garlic powder.
- COOK rice noodles a couple minutes less than package says.
- ADD some frozen broccoli to boiling noodles for 1 minute and drain.
- STIR the sauce into the noodles/broccoli and stir in the steak.
- ADD S/P, squeeze of 1/2 a lime, fresh chopped cilantro, green onions, and toasted sesame seeds.
Orange-glazed steak & noodles had so much flavor in the steak and the sauce was like a burst of gravy goodness!! You could do this dish in one pot like a stir fry, but I like grilling my steak and then just heating it through towards the end.
Grateful Day – I am grateful for the day, literally each and every day! I wake up each morning thanking God for another day on this earth.
Approximately how many times do you cook a meal during the week?
Thank you for listening!