Every once and awhile a good gluten/dairy free BLT is all a girl needs! Comfort food from childhood and bacon just screams Y-U-M, doesn’t it?!
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
- LIGHTLY toast 2 slice of bread. I used GF bread from Outside the Breadbox .
- SLATHER mayonnaise on each slice.
- SPRINKLE cracked black pepper on each slice of toast.
- PLACE a few leaves of romaine lettuce on one slice of toast to cover it.
- PLACE tomato on the other slice of toast to cover it.
- PLACE a lot of bacon on the lettuce.
- FLIP the tomato covered toast onto the lettuce/bacon covered toast.
- CUT sandwich on the diagonal.
I just had this discussion with another food blogger about ratios and food. I like any dish that I am enjoying to have a little bit of everything that’s in the dish in one bite!
Along with that train of thought, I’m also picky about what goes into and the placement of items in a dish.
The BLT is no exception…
- The bread must be lightly toasted because I don’t like the roof of my mouth to hurt when I bite into it.
- I like a lot of mayonnaise, but not so much that it makes the lightly toasted bread soggy.
- Normally on a sandwich I would add salt AND pepper, but the bacon is salty enough to skip the salt on this one.
- I like the tomatoes to be a medium slice so that I get the full affect of them when I bite into the sandwich.
- I like to have the same amount of lettuce as I do tomato. Again, to have equal parts of all ingredients within each bite.
I like my BLT served with a little crunch of a plain potato chip.
Grateful Day – Grateful for being comfortable enough with sharing my crazy food stuff!
Do you have a favorite way to enjoy your BLT?
Thank you for listening!