This gluten free/vegan cauliflower salad is delightfully delicious and perfect for any picnic! I decided it was time for me to try turning cauliflower into a mock potato salad. It’s such the popular thing to do now a days.
I like my food with a view sometimes and I wanted to take advantage of the warm weather we had one day last week;)
I also made a bowl without the mayonnaise…
Both dishes turned out to have such great flavor! As you can see from the upper left hand corner of this photo, my 5 year old is ready to eat.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
- PRE-HEAT oven to 400 degrees.
- CUT 1 bundle cauliflower into bite sizes.
- ADD to a wax paper lined sheet tray.
- PLACE dollops of coconut oil all around.
- SPRINKLE with 1 tsp. turmeric powder, 1 tsp. garlic powder, and some cracked black pepper.
- BAKE for 7-10 minutes on bottom rack in oven until fork tender.
- PLACE cauliflower into bowl and immediately stir in 1 tbsp. lemon juice, 1 large chopped stalk of celery, 1/2 small chopped red bell pepper, 3 chopped green onion, 1 tbsp. relish, 1 tbsp. dried dill, 1 tsp. paprika and S/P.
- STIR and then take a bowl for those who do not like mayonnaise.
- STIR in enough mayonnaise for a good consistency.
Even though I tasted this with and without the mayonnaise, right away which were good, I recommend refrigerating this over night.
I am always trying to find creative ways to get more turmeric into my food and I love how this one turned out! I mixed some chia seed into my bowl just because I have them and for their nutritional value.
The measurements are so loose for this cauliflower salad because every head of cauliflower is so different. You just have to taste as you go to make sure it’s how YOU like it.
Here is a photo before it hits the oven with the dollops of coconut oil and seasoning…
I had leftovers without the mayonnaise in it. So, for lunch I added some Thai sweet red chili to it and heated it in a pan on the stove…
Grateful Day – I am extremely grateful for spring. Even though we still have spring snow showers for awhile, spring is definitely in the air! LOVE IT!!
Have you tried making something like this? If so, how did it turn out for you?
Thank you for listening!