Homemade gluten/dairy free sloppy joes are just as quick and better tasting than from a can or packet! This is bursting with so much flavor that my 5 year old likes it just in a bowl all by itself!
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
- BROWN 1 lb. ground bison until no longer pink, drain, and set aside.
- ADD 1 small chopped onion and 1 small chopped green bell pepper to the hot skillet that you browned the ground bison.
- ADD some sea salt and sauté until just about tender.
- STIR in 2-3 chopped cloves of garlic.
- ADD 1 tsp. celery seed, 1 tbsp. dried oregano, 1 tbsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. smoked paprika, 1 tsp. ground cumin, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Stir constantly for about a minute.
- STIR in 1-6 oz. can tomato paste and just enough water to make a thick paste.
- ADD 1 tbsp. local honey and 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar.
- STIR in the ground bison, turn heat to lowest setting, cover, and let simmer for about 1/2 hour or longer; stirring occasionally.
- ADD S/P to taste and 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar before serving.
My son made fun of all the sloppy joes falling out of my sandwich at dinner. We joked about how we should call them sloppy mommies:)
Grateful Day – Finally having some good conversation and sit down dinners with our son! For the longest time he could not sit still and finish a meal.
How do you like to eat your sloppy joes?
Thank you for listening!