We don’t make gluten free lasagna often, but when we do it get’s eaten quickly! Our family of 3 can polish it off in just 2 days!
I made this one with zucchini and spinach. Always trying to sneak in the veg.! I also used goat cheese.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
- HEAT 1 tbsp. coconut oil in a sauce pan.
- SAUTE 1 small chopped onion, 1 peeled/shredded carrot, and 1 small chopped green bell pepper with some sea salt until just about tender.
- STIR in 3-4 cloves of chopped garlic.
- ADD 1 tbsp. dried Italian seasoning, 1 tbsp. dried basil, 1 tbsp. dried oregano, 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, and let the oils release for just a minute; continually stirring.
- ADD 1 cup red wine and let simmer for a few minutes.
- STIR in 1-6 oz. can tomato paste, 1-14.5 oz. can unsalted tomato sauce, and enough broth or water to make it a good consistency.
- SIMMER on low for 1-4 hours.
- ADD S/P before layering the lasagna.
- ADD 1 pound of ground bison to a skillet on medium high heat.
- BROWN until no longer pink, drain, and set aside.
- ADD to hot skillet 1 tbsp. coconut oil, 1 tsp. crushed fennel seeds, 1 tbsp. dried sage, 1 tbsp. dried thyme, and S/P. Constantly stir for 1 minute.
- STIR cooked bison back into the skillet, reduce heat to lowest setting, add 1 tbsp. water (to keep it moist), cover until it’s time to layer the lasagna.
- CHECK for seasoning and add more S/P if needed before layering.
- MIX 1 pkg. smoked goat cheese, about 1 tbsp. mayonnaise , 1 tsp. garlic powder, cracked black pepper, 1 tsp. lemon juice, and some finely chopped fresh spinach.
- PUT a layer of sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- LAYER gf non-boil gf lasagne noodles, mock ricotta, ground bison, thinly sliced zucchini (slice the length of the zucchini), and then repeat. Sauce, noodle, mock ricotta, ground bison, zucchini.
- DO as many layers as you have ingredients and room for ending with the sauce.
- COVER and bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. Until the noodles are cooked.
- UNCOVER and let it rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Grateful Day – Spending time with family. This recipe reminds me of Christmas Eve because we always serve this on that day.
Do you have a special day of the year when you serve lasagna?
Thank you for listening!