This gluten/dairy free chicken and rice is another quick use of our pantry and some left overs. The burst of the peas and the warm flavor of curry makes me one happy Mama!
I wish it were appropriate for grown women to walk around in pajamas! Why aren’t clothes as comfortable as pajamas? I bring this up because I need to pick up my child from school which requires me to change my clothes;)
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Chicken and Rice
- SAUTE 1/2 chopped onion and 1/2 chopped red bell pepper in 1 tbsp. coconut oil with some sea salt until just about tender.
- ADD 2 cloves chopped garlic, 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, 1 tsp. ground turmeric, 1 tsp. garam masala, 1 tsp. ground ginger, 1 tsp. ground coriander, 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, and cracked black pepper.
- STIR in about 1/4 cup broth, some frozen/thawed peas, left over cooked wild rice, cooked chicken, and S/P.
- SIMMER for a few minutes to heat through.
This super simple chicken and rice is a great go-to meal. I’m not a huge fan of rice so I sprinkled it into this dish. You could always add more or less of anything to this recipe!
I did a little experiment last week…
- Meatless Monday
- Taco Tuesday
- Throw together Thursday from left overs
- Friday night pizza
- Spaghetti Saturday
- Slow cooker Sunday meal
I usually just cook and eat whatever I’m feeling in the mood for. With just a little extra effort on the planning side, it turned out to be a good experiment.
Grateful Day – Pajama days. I think I get a lot more done around the house when I wear pajamas.
Do you prefer cooking on a whim or planning?
Thank you for listening!