Gluten/dairy free meat sauce spaghetti squash is what’s for dinner! There really is nothing like a big plate of spaghetti, but when you want to watch your carb intake this is a great paleo alternative!
My son loves this meat sauce! He’s not into the spaghetti squash yet, but he enjoys the sauce all by itself!
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Meat sauce Spaghetti Squash
- PRE-HEAT oven to 400 degrees.
- CUT ends off of 1 spaghetti squash and then cut down the middle of it.
- SCOOP out the seeds with a spoon.
- RUB the flesh of each side with coconut oil.
- SPRINKLE each side of the flesh with some sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- PLACE flesh side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- SCRAPE the flesh with a fork to make the “spaghetti”
- Brown 1 lb. ground bison until no longer pink.
- DRAIN, wipe out pan, and set the cooked bison aside.
- HEAT 1 tbsp. of coconut oil on medium high heat.
- SAUTE 1 small chopped onion with some sea salt until just about tender.
- STIR in 3-4 chopped cloves of garlic.
- ADD 1 tbsp. dried Italian seasoning, 1 tbsp. dried oregano, 1 tbsp. dried basil, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Let the oils release for 1 minute constantly stirring.
- STIR in 1-6oz. can tomato paste, 1-14.5 oz. can of unsalted fire-roasted diced tomatoes, 1 tbsp. local honey, 1 bay leaf, the reserved ground bison, and enough water to cover everything.
- Let simmer for 1-4 hours.
- ADD 1 tbsp. EVOO, 1 tbsp. applecider vinegar, and S/P.
- STIR some sauce into the spaghetti squash boat and add some fresh chopped parsley.
I served this with some seasoned zucchini, red bell peppers, and onions. I hope you try this savory meat sauce spaghetti squash!
Grateful Day – Parks full of kids for my only child to play with.
What’s your favorite sauce to put over spaghetti squash?
Thank you for listening!