My son helped arrange these gluten free/vegan garlic steak fries! Playing with food is fun;) Coconut oil makes a world of difference in flavor! I usually use EVOO, but not after I tried the coconut oil.
Sometimes I will make a “special sauce” that I created years ago to dip my fries into. I will add that recipe on this post, but you can see it on my mock Big-Mac attack recipe here.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Garlic Steak Fries
- PREHEAT oven to 425 degrees
- WASH, dry, and cut 2 Idaho potatoes into wedges.
- Place them onto parchment paper lined cookie tray.
- RUB them with 1-2 tbsp. coconut oil.
- SPRINKLE each side with some garlic powder and sea salt.
- Bake for about 20 minutes on each side on the bottom rack in oven.
- ADD a little more sea salt when they come out of the oven if needed.
Sometimes I enjoy my garlic steak fries with just a little apple cider vinegar drizzled on top.
- 3 tbsp. mayonaise (I use soy free vegenaise)
- 1 tbsp. of ketchup
- 1 tbsp. of mustard
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. dill relish (I used Bubbies)
- 1 tsp. chili powder & garlic powder
- S&P to taste
We just put our house on the market to sell today. We have bought and sold too many houses in our lifetime! I’m hoping the one we move into will be the last one we buy for a VERY long time! Moving is a lot of work, but I think the hardest part is to stay out of the house all day for all of the showings.
Grateful Day – Home Sweet Home!
What’s your favorite way to eat fries?
Thank you for listening!