This gluten/dairy free bison summer goulash is very filling! The smokey fire roasted notes of this dish makes eating your vegetables a lot more exciting;) I find it a little easier to get my son to eat his vegetables if they are mixed into a one pot meal like this!
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Bison Summer Goulash
- BROWN 1 lb. ground bison until no longer pink, drain, set aside, and wipe any grease out of pot.
- SPRINKLE bison with 1 tbsp. rubbed sage, and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon.
- SAUTE 1 small chopped onion and 1 small chopped yellow bell pepper in some sea salt until just about tender.
- STIR in 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic and 1 small shredded carrot.
- STIR in 1 tsp. smoked paprika, 1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, 1 tbsp. dried oregano, and 1 tbsp. dried thyme.
- ADD 1 cup red wine and reduce for a few minutes.
- STIR in 1-6 oz. can tomato paste, 1-14.5 oz. can unsalted, fire roasted diced tomatoes, the reserved ground bison, and enough water to cover everything.
- ADD 1 bay leave and simmer on low for about 1 hour
- COOK 1 pkg. gf penne pasta for a couple minutes less than package directions.
- ADD 1 small bag of frozen peas, and 1 small sliced zucchini to boiling noodles; cook for 1 minute.
- DRAIN, stir in the noodles, vegetables, 1 tbsp. EVOO, and S/P.
- REMOVE from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
I hope you are able to try this bison summer goulash sometime soon, it’s so worth it! My son said more gooo-gaush when he first tried this one when he was little. CUTIE!!
Grateful Day – I am grateful for music! I love to listen to all kinds of music. Especially while creating in the kitchen and writing on this blog.
What music inspires you?
Thank you for listening!