Gluten free and vegan colorful macaroni madness was created from a long stare down with my pantry;) This was such a flavorful, fire-roasted, smokey, hot bowl of sweetness with a little kick!
My Mom used to say if you can’t find anything to eat, well then your just not hungry;) After a long stare at what I had in my pantry/fridge I finally threw this together.
I call it macaroni madness because I was getting mad at how long it was taking me to find something for dinner in my pantry. Well, that and what would you call this dish? It’s really like no other I’ve seen.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
- SUATE 1/2 chopped onion and 1/2 red bell pepper (any color of bell pepper would work) in 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil with some sea salt until just about tender.
- STIR in 2-3 cloves chopped garlic, 1 tbsp. ground cumin, 1 tsp. smokey paprika, a pinch red pepper flakes, 1 tbsp. ground sage, 1 tbsp. oregano, and S/P.
- ADD 1 cup white wine and simmer for a few minutes.
- STIR in 1-14.5 oz. can of unsalted, fire-roasted, diced tomatoes, and 1-14 oz. can rinsed/drained black beans.
- COOK 1 pkg. gf elbow macaroni a couple minutes less than recommend time.
- ADD 1 small pkg. frozen peas and cook for one minute.
- DRAIN, add macaroni, peas, 1 tbsp. EVOO, and S/P to the sauce; stir.
- TAKE off of heat and let it rest for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Creating this macaroni madness was fun once I got started.
Grateful Day – My grandfather clock made by my Pap-Pap. I love hearing it chime and bringing me back to my childhood.
I use the chimes of the clock for telling my toddler when it’s time to do something. I’ll say; “When it chimes 8 times, it’s time for bed” and “Next time it chimes we will be leaving”. It sounds off every 15 minutes which is convenient. Sometimes I don’t even notice it anymore, until a new guest asks what’s that sound?
What would you call this dish?
Thank you for listening!