Gluten/dairy free pizza sauce is my way of contributing to this pizza pie! I was hesitant on posting a pizza without a recipe for the crust.
I do not like to bake, but wanted to share how I enjoy a slice or two…
- My favorite toppings are pepperoni, onion, and green bell peppers.
- I use Follow Your Heart vegan gourmet shreds.
- I like to salt the bottom of the cardboard box round that I put the pizza on straight out of the oven. It reminds me of my childhood favorite pizzaria from home called Cassano’s The Pizza King! I also slice the pie into squares sometimes just like they do;)
- I like the Hormel pepperoni
- I use Outside The Breadbox pizza crust.
- I also enjoy topping my slice with Peperoncini
- MIX together; 1 tbsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, 1 tbsp. basil, 1-2 tsp. honey, and S/P to 1 can of tomato sauce.
- STIR in enough water to make it as thick as you like it. I enjoy it a little thicker than what comes already prepared in a can.
- KEEP in refrigerator for 2 hours or even best over night.
Assembly & Bake
- SPOON sauce on pizza crust.
- SPRINKLE pizza with 1/4 cup of chopped onion & green bell peppers.
- LIGHTLY sprinkle with cheese.
- LAYER pepperoni on pizza with a slight over lap to each slice.
- SPRINKLE with 1 tbsp. dried oregano.
- BAKE right on the oven rack at 370 for 22 minutes.
- SPRINKLE Himalayan salt onto cardboard box or cutting board.
- PLACE pizza onto the cardboard box or cutting board.
- LET cool for 2 minutes and slice.
This pizza is a great splurge for me. I will share my version of another way I enjoy pizza in which I use a vegan type of pre-made crust on a later post.
I hope you enjoyed my version of pizza and pizza sauce!
Grateful Day – I am grateful at how far we have come with gluten/dairy free products over the years. I am grateful that I know that not all of those products are healthy and splurging is easier now. I can splurge without hurting my gut! 🙂
How do you enjoy your slice?
Thank you for listening!