I did a gluten/dairy free coconut curry noodles short cut for last night’s dinner! I haven’t made this for years! I remembered it as being a little more spicy, so I just kept adding the heat to get it there!
My short cut included pad thai rice noodles because they cook so much quicker than the thicker rice noodles. I used our stocked pantry and freezer for everything other than the chicken.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Coconut Curry Noodles
- SAUTE 1/2 chopped onion in 1 tbsp. coconut oil with some sea salt until just about tender.
- Stir in 1 tbsp. dried basil, 1-4 oz. jar of Thai kitchen red curry paste, 1 can of coconut milk, 1/2 cup broth and 1 tbsp. honey.
- ADD 1 lb. thinly sliced chicken breasts (or shrimp) and simmer until chicken is no longer pink.
- COOK 8 oz. box of the pad thai rice noodles (brown or white) a couple minutes less than package recommendation.
- ADD 1 small package of frozen bell peppers and some frozen broccoli (or peas) to boiling noodles; cook just for 1 minute or less.
- DRAIN and add that to the sauce.
- ADD some fresh/chopped sweet basil, sprinkle with green onions, a squeeze of lime juice, and S/P.
I loosely followed the recipe on the back of the jar of Thai Kitchen red curry paste for this coconut curry noodles dish. If you think it might be too spicy for the entire jar of the curry paste just slowly add it in and taste, before adding the chicken.
You could serve this with rice if you prefer. I’ll stick with noodles as usual, just can’t get enough of them!
Grateful Day – Clean drinking water.
What vegetable would you use in this dish?
Thank you for listening!