Gluten/dairy free sweet spinach fettuccine is such a refreshing and bright dish! Not only is it visually appealing, but it’s also an excitingly fragrant plate of sweet goodness!
Of course if you omit the chicken you have a fabulous vegan dish!
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. Remember, I’m a dumper when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Sweet Spinach Fettuccine
- SAUTE 1/2 chopped onion, 1/2 red bell pepper, and some sea salt in 1 tbsp. coconut oil until just about tender.
- STIR in 2 cloves chopped garlic, 1 tbsp. dried basil, and a pinch of red pepper flakes; sauté another minute.
- Add 1 cup sweet white wine and simmer for a couple minutes.
- ADD 1 can unsalted/fire roasted diced tomatoes and 1 tbsp. local honey; bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- STIR in already cooked chopped chicken, cooked brown rice fettuccine (according to package directions), 1/2 cup of the pasta water, and 2 cups fresh/finely chopped spinach.
- TAKE off heat, stir in some EVOO, taste for seasoning, and let it rest for 5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
This sweet spinach fettuccine is a crowd pleaser and very filling! I would have definitely used some finely chopped fresh basil at the end of this one! I MUST grow some basil this summer!!!!
You could use frozen/thawed spinach in this dish if you didn’t have fresh on hand. You could also add some shredded carrots to bring another sweet element to this dish. Would help with getting another form of vegetable in there as well.
Yet another dish to play with and make your own. I love creating:)
Grateful Day – A stocked pantry and fridge. I’m always so super aware of my food blessings.
How will you use your pantry items to create a similar dish?
Thank you for listening!