Gluten/dairy free seared pork, cabbage, & potatoes was such a hit last tonight! My husband added sour cream for his potatoes and some gravy for the pork. I didn’t think the pork needed anything because it was just so flavorful on it’s own!
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. Remember, I’m a dumper when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Seared Pork, Cabbage, & Potatoes
- SPRINKLE 1 lb. of pork loin with garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, paprika, sugar, & S/P on both sides. Let it come to room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- BRING a large cast iron skillet to medium high heat and then melt 1-2 tbsp. coconut oil.
- SEAR on each side for about 5 minutes to get a nice crust.
- PLACE into 400 degree oven until done. I do a temperature of 145 degrees.
- LET rest for 10 minutes and slice.
- STIR in 1/2 cup broth to the cast iron skillet with 1 tsp. garlic powder & 1 tbsp. rubbed sage.
- WHISK in a separate bowl 3 tbsp. sweet rice flour with some water until paste like consistency.
- WHISK mixture into cast iron to form gravy and add S/P.
- SAUTE 1 small chopped onion and 1 small chopped red bell pepper in 1 tbsp. coconut oil with some sea salt until just about tender.
- STIR in 1 tbsp. crushed fennel seeds, 1 tbsp. dried thyme, a pinch of red pepper flakes, & 1-2 tsp. garlic powder.
- ADD 1 small head of chopped green cabbage.
- STIR in 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar.
- COVER and cook about 5-10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- ADD S/P.
- BOIL a pound of skin on baby potatoes until tender.
- DRAIN, place on cookie sheet, lightly smash with fork, and sprinkle with some EVOO, 1 tbsp. garlic powder, 1 tbsp. dried thyme, & S/P on each side.
- BAKE at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, flip, and bake on other side for another 20 minutes.
The sugar caramelized that pork and made it so tasty! I hope you try this seared pork, cabbage, and potatoes sometime.
Grateful Day – Having such a wonderful conversation at dinner last night with our toddler!
Thank you for listening!