This gluten/dairy free white chicken chili recipe was developed by accident. I originally did my usual recipe, but the MILD green chili’s that I used were too hot! Luckily, I had some coconut milk to tame it.
My husband says this dish just HAS to be added to our meal rotation! We have another chili 3 ways! The photo above is how my toddler enjoyed his.
This is how I enjoyed mine…
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
White Chicken Chili
- SAUTE 1/2 chopped onion & 1/2 large chopped yellow bell pepper with some sea salt until just about tender.
- ADD 1 tbsp. dried oregano, 2 tsp. cumin, 2 tsp. coriander, 1 tsp. smoked paprika, 1 tsp. paprika, 2 tbsp. chili powder, 1 tbsp. garlic powder, & S/P. Stir and let those spices open up for a minute.
- STIR in 1 box of broth, 1 small can of diced green chilies, about a cup of already cooked/pulled chicken, & 1 can of rinsed/drained/unsalted white beans.
- SIMMER for a couple hours
- STIR in 1 can coconut milk, turn heat up to medium, and let it all marinate for about 10 minutes.
- CHECK for seasoning and add more S/P if needed.
*OPTIONAL- Add chopped cilantro, green onion, a squeezed of lime juice, and or sour cream.
After my husband’s first bowl he said “why didn’t you make more of this!?” Big hit in our household:) Next time I will have to double this recipe.
I haven’t made this in probably a year or so. I boiled and pulled the chicken as well as cut the vegetables the day before to make this a quicker go-to meal.
This is how my husband enjoyed his white chicken chili…
Grateful Day – I’m grateful for routines. I’m good with change, but routines are just comforting.
How do you enjoy your chili?
Thank you for listening!