Gluten free/vegan artichoke lemon fettuccine is what’s for dinner! I love the pucker that this has along with the salty brine of the cappers. This made me do a little happy dance:)
It’s so incredibly sweet to see our toddler helping out his Dad with taking down the screened-in porch. SOOOOO cute!!! I will store this bit of memory for when he is not being so cute;)
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Artichoke Lemon Fettuccine
- SAUTE 2-3 large shallots in 1 tbsp. coconut oil with some course sea salt until just about tender.
- STIR in 2 large chopped cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp. dried dill, 1 tbsp. dried tarragon, and a pinch of red pepper flakes; sauté 1 minute.
- ADD 1 cup white wine, bring to a boil, and simmer 3- 5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- STIR in 1 can of drained/chopped artichoke hearts, 1 jar of drained capers, and zest of 1 small lemon.
- STIR in cooked brown rice fettuccine straight from the boiling pot with a slotted spoon. Add as much of the pasta water as needed to loosen/thicken the sauce.
- TAKE off heat and stir in 2 cups fresh/chopped spinach.
- STIR in 1 tbsp. EVOO, juice of 1 small lemon, and cracked black pepper.
- Taste for seasoning; may need more S/P.
- LET rest for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Artichoke lemon fettuccine is just as tasty without the spinach. I tried it with onion instead of shallots and substituted spaghetti noodles here…
Grateful Day – I am grateful today for our recreation center. My husband said that the pool and slide were so much fun! Also, grateful for my husband teaching him how to swim at such an early age.
What are you grateful for today?
Thank you for listening!