Gluten/dairy free creamy tomato soup is super simple and quick to make! The velvety richness just knocks this one out of the park! You would never think that beans would give it that creamy texture.
I would have preferred to use fresh tarragon, but didn’t have that on hand. Basil would be a really good pair with this also. This has just the right amount of sweet tangy heat. Of course, you can always add more heat or less sweet;)
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Creamy Tomato Soup
- SAUTE 1/2 chopped onion and 1/4 cup shredded carrots with some sea salt in 1 tbsp. coconut oil; until just about tender.
- ADD 1-2 cloves chopped garlic, 1 tbsp. dried tarragon, and a pinch of red pepper flakes; sauté for 1 minute.
- STIR in 2 cans unsalted/fire roasted/diced tomatoes, 1 tbsp. local honey, and 1 can unsalted/rinsed/drained/white beans; bring to a boil.
- TURN heat to low and simmer for 1/2 hour; stirring occasionally.
- ADD zest/juice of 1 small lemon, cracked black pepper, and some Himalayan salt.
- PUREE with an immersion blender until as smooth as you like yours. Sometimes a little chunky tomato soup is yummy too.
This creamy tomato soup is so bright and flavorful that it will change the way you ever thought a tomato soup should taste:) You can tell how much I love this soup, eh?
I bet a little finely chopped spinach would be pretty good in this as well. Some days are easier than others to get our veg. in. You could also use fresh tomatoes with this recipe. You would just need to use a different method to remove the skin first.
Grateful Day – Taking a little walk in the fresh air today. The sun was warm, but the breeze was a little brisk.
I would love to hear your version of making a soup like this!
What would you add or subtract to this recipe?
Thank you for listening!