Gluten/dairy free simple egg salad served with mixed greens is the perfect go-to dish to keep on hand. I like to keep hard boiled/peeled eggs in the fridge for a quick breakfast or to make this salad. It’s really good as a toasted sandwich as well.
I usually always have chopped onion, bell peppers, and carrots in my fridge. I just chop them all at once at the beginning of my week. That way I have them on hand for whatever I want to prepare quickly through out the week.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
- ADD to a bowl; 2 stalks of celery that have been washed, dried, and finely chopped, 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, 1 tbsp. relish, 2 tbsp. soy free vegenaise “mayonnaise”, 1 tsp. mustard, 1/4 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tbsp. dried dill, & S/P.
- FILL a large pot with water, cover the pot, and bring to a rolling boil.
- TAKE a slotted spoon and gently place 6 large eggs in the pot.
- SET timer for 15 minutes and turn heat to medium.
- DRAIN water from pot and fill with cold water and some ice cubes.
- SET timer for 15 minutes and let the eggs relax in the cold “bath”.
- DRAIN water, crack, peel, and slice in egg slicer.
- GENTLY toss eggs with mixture.
- ADJUST seasoning to taste and add more mayonnaise if needed.
- TOSS with mixed greens.
- SPRINKLE with a little paprika.
There are a lot of ways I’ve seen for the” best” way to make the perfect hard boiled egg. This way has always worked for me. Whatever method works for you to get to the end result of this simple egg salad will be worth it.
Grateful Day – Sitting on my back patio in my soon to be torn down screend-in porch. I’m grateful to enjoy it while I can especially with this nice weather we have right now!
What’s your favorite way to eat eggs?
Thank you for listening!