Gluten free/vegan butternut squash soup warms the soul. I got so much flavor out of my red curry paste on this one. You could skip that and add some turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon. That would be such a great spice combination for butternut squash!
Today I have fulfilled my personal goal of a recipe a day for 30 days. I thoroughly enjoy the entire process of creating in the kitchen and then getting it all out right here! I could continue a recipe a day because it is my passion!
However, as we all know this doesn’t pay the bills. I need to go back to helping with our local business. I will continue to post a few times a week when time allows.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Butternut Squash Soup
- ADD 1 can coconut milk, 2 cups broth, 1 cup water, 1 tbsp. local honey, and 1 1/2 tbsp. red curry paste (or more if you like a little more heat) to a large pot on high heat; bring to boil.
- STIR in 4 cups peeled/cubed butternut squash, turn heat to medium, and let simmer until it is fork tender. Should take about 15-20 minutes if the squash it cut into small cubes. Stir occasionally.
- STIR in 1/8 tsp. nutmeg or cinnamon, 1 tbsp. lime juice, & S/P.
- TAKE pot off heat and puree until smooth with an immersion blender.
- STIR in 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach and just wait for the heat of the soup to wilt the spinach a bit. Stirring occasionally.
This butternut squash soup can be customized to fit what your family likes! You could add onions, mushrooms, kale, chicken, and etc. You could take out the spinach and just enjoy it with some gf crackers too. The sky is the limit:)
Grateful Day – Reading to our toddler and saying our night time prayers together! The curiosity and enjoyment never gets old.
How do you enjoy your soup? Crackers, potato chips, plain, or something else?
Thank you for listening!