These gluten free and vegan pesto zoodles will burst in your mouth! I love pesto and have found a couple pre-made jars/tubes that do not have parmesan in them. Those are great in a pinch to have in your pantry. However, I made this one with a ton of basil because it’s my favorite herb.
Basil is the one herb I am going to try my hardest to grow this summer! I had luck with it once in a planter box that I brought into the house when it got cold one summer. So, I know I can do it, I just have to stay on the watering and pruning. I think it smell’s so good that I may even keep one in my kitchen, if my cat can stay away from it;)
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
- BLEND 3-4 peeled cloves of garlic, big handful of fresh sweet basil, about 1/3 cup almonds (walnuts, pistachios, sunflower seed, or pine nuts), about 1/2 cup EVOO, 1 tsp. lemon juice, and S/P.
- CUT 1 large zucchini into ribbon noodles and place into a container.
- CHOP 1 pkg. heirloom tomatoes in half and place into same container as zucchini.
- ADD some pesto and lightly toss to coat.
- PUT into refrigerator to marinate for 2-5 hours.
I like a little crunch on the zucchini, however the longer you marinate the softer they become. I tend to have a heavy hand on the salt which helps soften them too. You could also, just cook everything on the stove top in a skillet. Make this your dish!
These pesto zoodles are so good that you just have to go back for seconds! At least you can eat a little more since they are packed with nutrients.
Grateful Day – Morning toddler hugs!! Aren’t those toddlers just the sweetest when they are just waking up or sleeping?
What is your favorite herb?
Thank you for listening!