Gluten/dairy free steak salad served with a chimichurri sauce is what’s for dinner!
My husband took our toddler along with 2 other Dad’s and 3 boys to the Bronco’s parade on Tuesday. They said that they had fun, but was a bit overwhelming with all the people.
After the parade they all went to the Rodizio Grill restaurant. My husband brought home a cup of their chimichurri sauce because he knows how much I love that sauce! Sweet, right!? The restaurant packed it all up with some ice and he put it in his back pack!
So, the steak salad photo has the Rodizio Grill restaurant’s chimichurri sauce on top. However, I’m going to give you the recipe that I usually make for my steak salad.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Flat Iron Steak
- BRUSH both sides of steak with EVOO
- SEASON steak on both sides by sprinkling some garlic powder, smoked paprika, cracked black pepper, and a healthy amount of sea salt.
- BRING to room temperature. I let it sit out for about 15-20 minutes.
- GRILL until it’s the temperature you enjoy.
- LET it rest for about 5-10 minutes and slice against the grain.
- ADD the following to the a blender: 4-5 peeled cloves of garlic, 1/2 roughly chopped onion, a good handful of fresh cilantro and flat-leaf parsley, 2 tbsp. dried oregano, 1 chopped jalepeno (ribs & seeds in will make it hotter), 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/3 cup EVOO, and S/P.
- BLEND until desired consistency adding more oil if needed.
I put the steak and sauce over a salad with just green onion, sunflower seed, and chia seeds. If only I had some tomatoes and cucumbers to add to this steak salad! That would have been a great addition to this fantastic sauce and salad.
Usually this sauce is made with red wine vinegar, but I only have apple cider vinegar on hand. The sauce is definitely better made fresh. Even though I did use the leftovers the very next night, it wasn’t the same as fresh. Still tasty though!
Grateful Day – My fury family.
Thanks for listening!