Gluten and dairy free chicken noodle soup again! There are so many ways to make this old classic! This time I used pulled chicken and cooked the noodles right in the quick homemade broth. You cannot go wrong with soup.
What you can go wrong with is not enough of it! We are a family of just 3 so we always have left overs. Usually left overs taste better because they have a chance to marry all those yummy flavors together. Although, I am not a big fan of some left overs.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Chicken Noodle Soup
- BOIL 2 large bone in chicken breasts (or whatever you have, preferably with the bone in) with 2 large peeled/diced carrots, 2 large stalks of chopped celery, 1 large chopped onion, 2 bay leaves, and S/P. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- REMOVE chicken, let it cool, pull it apart, and set aside.
- COOK broken pieces of a package of Tinkyada fettuccini or spaghetti noodles according to the package directions; in the water that you boiled the chicken in.
- ADD 1 tbsp. ground ginger, 1 tbsp. dried thyme, 1 tbsp. Herbs de France, the pulled chicken, and S/P.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
This method creates a thicker chicken noodle soup because of all the starch from the pasta. If it’s too thick add a little water to it. If there are any leftovers; you will definitely need to add water when you go to re-heat it!
Grateful Day – My thumbs! You know when you hurt one of your thumbs and then realize how important they really are? Makes you really appreciate having them.
Chicken noodle soup is my favorite type of soup because I love pasta;)
What’s your favorite soup?
Thanks for listening!