Gluten and dairy free dijon ham wrapped chicken, you just cannot go wrong this for dinner! Dijon and ham are the best couple to marry a chicken ;-0 I think marinading is key to a flavorful chicken breast. The combination of heat with the smoky spices I used will just warm your soul.
I have done this same recipe with mayonnaise instead of dijon and left out the ham. The kick of the dijon can be a little much for a toddler. Although, my toddler loves this dijon ham wrapped chicken!
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Dijon Ham Wrapped Chicken
- POUND chicken breast to make it a little thinner for quicker and more even cooking. (optional) I attempted doing that, but they didn’t get as thin as I like.
- SPRINKLE both sides of the chicken with garlic powder, ground sage, smoked paprika, and S/P.
- BRUSH on some dijon mustard and marinade in the fridge over night or at least for a couple hours.
- PLACE breasts on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees until no longer pink.
My ham was too small to actually wrap around the chicken, so I just laid it on the top. I thought I had bigger slices of ham in the fridge.
That ham gets nice and crisp when it’s cooked in the oven on a high temperature. It also tends to cook a lot quicker. Quick is what we are all looking for in the kitchen now a days.
For me, the kitchen is my zen place. I love to turn on some tunes and get to chopping. I find the repetitive motion of chopping relaxing. It helps me to think about what spice blend I might use in a dish or what else I could add to enhance it. I find cooking calms me.
I served my dijon ham wrapped chicken with a Warm Brussel Sprout Salad recipe that I shared yesterday. Fabulous combination!
Grateful Day – I am grateful for the invention of hangers! I would rather see all my options in the closet rather than stuffed into a dresser.
Have you tried making a similar dish?
Thanks for listening!