Gluten and dairy free zoodles & m. balls are where it’s all at! Just thinking back to August of last year and remembering this delightful little dish!
I used my spiralizer to make noodles out of the zucchini. I only wish I would have gotten the zucchini from my own garden. I’m gonna try to improve this brown thumb of mine one of these days!!
I must be getting cabin fever or something because this is the second time I’ve posted a summer dish. I need to get back into the soups and stews before summer gets here and I start wanting winter food.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
ZOODLES & M. BALLS
- MIX 1 lb. ground bison, 1 tbsp. garlic powder, 1 tbsp. dried basil, 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning, 1-2 tbps. shaved onion, 1 egg, 1 tbps. breadcrumbs, & S/P.
- PRE-HEAT oven to 400.
- FORM mixture into golf ball size and put them on a cookie sheet.
- SPREAD ketchup or tomato paste on top and sprinkle with dried oregano.
- BAKE for about 15-20 minutes.
- HEAT 1 tbps. coconut oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- SAUTE 1/2 large onion; finely chopped until tender.
- ADD 2 cloves chopped garlic and some red pepper flakes; sauté a minute or so longer.
- ADD 1 spiralized zucchini to make the zoodles and sauté until just about tender.
- ADD 1 tbps. lemon juice and S/P to taste.
I’ve been making this zoodles & m. balls for a couple of years now. I was inspired to make them after I watched the movie Chef. Did anyone else see that movie? Such a great story and the food porn was out of this world!! I will totally watch any Movie that has anything to do with food in it, love it! It sparked my interest to open up a food truck again. That’s been a dream of mine for awhile now.
How do you flavor you zucchini noodles?
Thanks for listening!