So what, who cares! Snow does not stop a Coloradan from grilling! I marinated chicken breasts & legs for 3 hours. When it was time to start up the Traeger Grill, wouldn’t you know it; that snow was not about to stop for me. Sometimes you just have to take a break from winter and create a little summer on the table! Grilled Chicken & Cauliflower is the perfect summer dish.
For some reason the combo of flavors for the chicken versus the flavors of the cauliflower did not fight each other. I was pleasantly surprised that they all played so well together. It didn’t hurt that I added a little sour cream in the mix.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
- PLACE 4 boneless breast of chicken in zip lock bag.
- ADD 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce), 2 tbsp. ginger powder, 2 tbsp. garlic powder, 1 tbsp. smoked paprika, lots of cracked black pepper, and some sea salt (don’t need much because the aminos is salty).
- ZIP it up and shake it all about.
- SHAKE it all about again in an hour or so.
- LET marry for 3 hours.
- TAKE the chicken out of the bag and put onto a super hot grill.
- GRILL until no longer pink.
- CUT 1 head of cauliflower into small pieces and put onto a baking sheet.
- PRE-HEAT oven to 425.
- SPRINKLE on both sides of cauliflower with some EVOO, 1 tbsp. ground turmeric, some ground black pepper, 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon, and some sea salt.
- BAKE for about 5 minutes on each side on the bottom rack of oven.
- SPRINKLE with some Himalayan Salt when done.
I just recently re-introduced a small amount of dairy into my rotation. I love the taste and consistency of this lactose free brand called Green Valley Organics.
Looks like I AM capable of making something other than noodles. Well, at least for tonight. This grilled chicken & cauliflower is a winner, give it a try!
Thanks for listening!