Gluten and dairy free quick chicken noodle soup for when your pressed for time! There is nothing like making your own stock overnight.
Whether your sick or not this dish is always a home run in our house. It just has I love you written all over it, doesn’t it!? Its’s the best soul-warming soup in the world.
Turmeric has so many health benefits! The key is to add fat (in this case coconut oil) and black pepper to help you absorb it. The ginger and cinnamon just add the right amount of flavor to make you feel all warm inside!
As for the noodles I like to use Tinkyada fettuccine noodles that I’ve broken up to smaller pieces. Sometimes I’ll use the Tinkyada spaghetti noodles which seem a little more familiar with the soup I grew up with. However, my King Soopers (Kroger back East) never has those in stock!
These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
Quick Chicken Noodle Soup
- SAUTE in coconut oil; 1/2 diced onion, 2 small diced carrots, & 2 diced celery with salt until tender.
- STIR in 1 tbsp. ground turmeric, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1 tbsp. garlic, 1 tbsp. ginger powder, & 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon. Let the spices open up for a few seconds.
- ADD a box of broth & some water; bring to boil.
- ADD brown rice noodles, 1 tbsp. dried thyme, & 1 tbsp. dried rosemary.
- WHEN noodles are al dente; take off heat & add cooked/diced chicken. S/P to taste.
During Thanksgiving we usually make 2 smoked turkeys and use those bones to put into the slow-cooker along with a bay leaf, garlic, onions, carrots, celery, and S/P. The next day we make a similar not so quick chicken noodle soup only with the left over turkey. The smokey flavor is completely out of this world delicious!!! It’s actually the best dish that I look forward to the most for Thanksgiving. Well, that and of course the turkey/mayo/tomato sandwich.
This photo was of smoked chicken noodle soup that I used Tinkyada broken spaghetti. I also added white beans, frozen peas, and frozen carrots. Another dish I used left over chicken and then all pantry/freezer food.
Let me know if you try making something similar to this quick chicken noodle soup!
Thanks for listening!