Gluten and dairy free big-mac attack is real, y’all. I took this photo in 2013 after not enjoying a big-mac for 8 years! I once polished 2 in one setting! I was determined to duplicate it to the best of my ability/memory. The biggest test was having my husband give it a thumbs up. He still indulges from time to time.
I choose not to eat big-mac’s because in 2005 I gave up a lot of foods to try and prepare my body for pregnancy. I took many allergy tests and some blood work to determine what foods work and don’t work for ME.
Disclaimer: These portions are all just a guess. I don’t like to measure when it comes to creating in the kitchen. Please just let this be a guide for your own creation…
I used Udi’s hamburger bun that I cut to make three buns. Their buns are so thick anyway, so it was as if it was meant to be from the beginning.
- ADD some shaved onion, 1 tsp. chili powder, and 1 tsp. garlic powder to ground bison.
- FORM 2 super thin ground bison patties.
- ADD a generous amount of Kosher Seat Salt and cracked black pepper to each side.
As they grilled on a high heat I prepared the special sauce!
- 3 tbsp. mayonaise (I use soy free vegenaise)
- 1 tbsp. of ketchup
- 1 tbsp. of mustard
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. dill relish (I used Bubbies)
- 1 tsp. chili powder & garlic powder
- S&P to taste
Grill on one side about 5-7 minutes depending on the temperature of your grill. The hotter the better! As soon as you flip the patty; add your cheese of choice (I used a gf,df,sf one in which I can’t remember the name of right now). Cook another 3-5 minutes on that side.
- SLATHER bottom of the bun with the special sauce, add finely diced onion, shredded lettuce, and thinly sliced dill pickles.
- ADD a patty
- ADD second bun
- SLATHER top of that bun with the special sauce, add finely diced onion, shredded lettuce, and thinly sliced dill pickles.
- ADD 2nd patty
- SLATHER with special sauce and finely diced onion.
- ADD final top bun
I haven’t stopped making this special sauce/dressing since then and is still a favorite in our household. I don’t always go to the trouble of making a full on big-mac, but we use it on salads as well.
Thank you for listening!