My favorite gluten free ground lamb bolognese! I must confess that pasta is my favorite food in the universe!
Most of the time when I create in the kitchen I throw in a little of this and a little of that. I don’t like following recipes. Almost every time I try to replicate something I’ve created in the past, it always tastes a little different. Sometimes better, sometimes worse, and sometimes about the same. This time I had to TRY and write it out as to not to forget how to re create it in the future!
Ground Lamb Bolognese
- SLOWLY brown 1 lb. of ground lamb, drain, and set aside; while it’s still in the colander sprinkle with 1 tbsp. ground sage and 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon.
- ON medium high heat sauté 1 small finely diced onion & 1 shredded carrot, in coconut oil with some sea salt until tender.
- ADD 1-2 large finely minced clove of garlic, 1 tbsp. of dried rosemary and dried thyme, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- ADD a cup or so of red wine and let reduce for a couple of minutes. Stir in 1 small can of tomato paste and some water.
- TURN heat to simmer, stir in lamb, and a bay leave. Let simmer on low for a couple hours.
- COOK 1 package of Cappellos Fettuccine according to package, drain, and stir into sauce. Stir in crumbled smoked goat cheese (optional).
I found everything in this recipe including the ground lamb at King Soopers (Kroger back East). You can sub out the pasta. Sometimes I use Tinkyada Fettuccine noodles. It’s less expensive than the Cappelos brand which is considered Paleo. Tinkyada pasta is made of rice flour and water. Anyone I’ve ever served either brand had no idea that they were eating anything other than “regular” pasta!
Disclaimer: I am not a professional photographer nor professional recipe developer (obviously).
Let me know if you try something like it or have tried a ground lamb bolognese that you like! I found this one to be so incredibly rich and flavorful.
Thank you for listening!